Tulamben is one of Bali’s most famous diving areas, hosting a variety of dive sites such as the US Liberty Wreck, Coral Garden and The Drop Off. All sites can be reached with easy access from the beach. The Liberty was used as a cargo ship during WW I and WWII. After being torpedoed by the Japanese the US Liberty made its way to the black sand shore of Tulamben, where it now rests in 3-30m. Being close to shore and measuring a length of 120 metres it is perfect for both snorkelers and divers of all levels. The wreck is covered with a variety of corals and hundreds of species of fish and critters.
Our driver will meet you at your hotel lobby at the appointed time to take you to our dive centre or if you are staying with us just walk in after your breakfast. After check-in at the dive centre, a cup of coffee or tea we will start the drive up to Tulamben at 08:00AM.
The trip up to Tulamben takes about 2-2,5 hours by car, on the way you can enjoy the scenic countryside of Bali. In Tulamben we visit the US Liberty Wreck and another dive site depending on the conditions on the day. There is a minimum of 1,5 hour surface interval scheduled between the dives. Generally, we plan for one dive, followed by lunch and then a second dive afterwards.
After the last dive, there is the possibility to take a shower before heading back, arrival in Sanur is between 05:00-06:00PM.
Pick up times from hotels:
-Kuta/Seminyak / Nusa Dua / Jimbaran Pick up time O7:00AM
-Sanur hotel Pick up time 07:30/45AM
- Transfers from & to hotel (Sanur, Kuta, Seminyak, Nusa Dua areas)
- Lunch (packed in reusable bento boxes), snacks & fruits, water & soft drinks
- Full set of rental dive equipment & dive computer
- Tanks/weights, dive guide
- Insurance and safety kit incl. Nautilus Lifeline
- We are a water refill station so please refill your water bottles and drink plenty of water
- Not included but available for sale: Reef Safe sunscreen lotion besides a wide range of snorkel and dive equipment should you wish to purchase some of your own
Tulamben is great for all level of divers, PADI Courses and snorkellers.
The water temperatures around the Bali coastal sides (Tulamben, Amed, Padang Bai) are warm, 26-30 degrees.
15-25 meter depending on the circumstances on the day
Tulamben is excellent for any level from beginner to experienced divers and great for PADI Courses. Mild currents and even the wreck is suitable for all levels as it rests in 3-30 meters.