Padang bai DIVing
Only about one hour from Sanur you find the once sleepy village of Padang Bai, now the main hub for boat transfers to Lombok or the Gili Islands. Padang Bai Diving & Snorkelling however can offer some rewarding experiences. Only a short boat ride away there is a great variety of sites for all experience levels, from stunning reef drifts to critter hunting under the jetty. Chances to spot reef sharks, various sting rays and a great abundance of critters like leaf scorpion fish, ghost pipefish, sea-horses, nudibranchs and the elusive frogfish. Excellent for both divers and snorkellers.
Our driver will meet you at your hotel lobby at the appointed time to take you to our dive centre or, if you are staying with us just walk in after your breakfast. After check-in at the dive centre, a cup of coffee or tea we will start the drive up to Padang Bai at 08:00AM.
About one hour later we will get to Padang Bai where we get changed into dive gear and go out by local jukung boat. The dive sites are a maximum of 15 minutes boat ride away. We will visit two dive sites with a minimum of 1,5 hours surface interval and then head back for lunch on shore.
At the restaurant there are showers available to use before heading back, estimated time of arrival in Sanur is 03:00-04:00PM.
Pick up times from hotels:
-Kuta/Seminyak / Nusa Dua / Jimbaran Pick up time O7:00AM
-Sanur hotel Pick up time 07:30/45AM
- Transfers from & to hotel (Sanur, Kuta, Seminyak, Nusa Dua areas)
- Lunch (packed in reusable bento boxes), snacks & fruits, water & soft drinks
- Full set of rental dive equipment & dive computer
- Tanks/weights, dive guide
- Insurance and safety kit incl. Nautilus Lifeline
- We are a water refill station so please refill your water bottles and drink plenty of water
- Not included but available for sale: Reef Safe sunscreen lotion besides a wide range of snorkel and dive equipment should you wish to purchase some of your own
Padang Bai is excellent for all level of divers, PADI Courses and snorkellers.
The water temperatures around the Bali coastal sides (Tulamben, Amed, Padang Bai) are warm, 26-30 degrees, but Padang Bai can also experience cold currents like the one in Penida from June till October. We will provide extra layers or thicker wetsuits for those who need it.
Overall 20m plus, but it can vary from anything between 15-25 meters depending on the circumstances on the day
Padang Bai is excellent for any level from beginner to experienced divers and great for PADI Courses. Mild currents.